Feel like life is kicking you in the dick? Transcended to being a zombie? Let’s put the pep back-in-your-step & get ya back to your badass self!
Low energy is rarely from one isolated thing, but more an accumulation of things:
• Insufficient Vitamin D – VitD plays a major role in hormone health. Get plenty of sun & check bloodwork to see if supplementing is necessary.
• Insufficient B Vitamins – Crucial for adrenal, menstrual, & hormone health. B12 is the biggie that people tend to be deficient in, so get bloodwork on the reg & consider a B complex.
• Dehydration/Insufficient Electrolytes – The season of sunshine & sweat is upon us! Make sure to get BW/2 in fluid oz + 15-20 oz for every hr of exercise. Thoroughly salt food, and don’t forget to incorporate lots of electrolytes (like coco water).
• Insufficient Food/Carbs – Energy will be low if cals/carbs are minimal. If feeling crummy, might be a good idea to to dial things up higher. Feeling unsure? Hire an experienced coach!
• Insufficient Sleep – 8 hours daily, less than 7 hrs or you don’t get to train. Sleep is free & the most potent & underutilized advantage out there. Go.To.Bed.
• Too Much Caffeine – Caffeine can totally be part of a healthy lifestyle. If it’s a substitution for sleep or being consumed in massive quantities, hormones & adrenals definitely take a hit. 1-2 cups a day // sub 200mg should be plentyyy.
• Low Iron Levels – Fatigue & feeling cold might indicate issues w iron. Eat a high-quality red meat 1x/day, and consider bloodwork.
• Underactive Thyroid – Chronically tired, hair falling out, feeling cold, & struggling with your weight? Check bloodwork: TSH, Free T3 & T4, TPO, & TgAB .
•Overtraining – The body WAS made to move, just not at high intensity day after day. Consider netting 8-10k steps/day, pick up something heavy 2-3x/week, get out of breath 1-2x/week, and then get outta the gym.
• Poor Food Timing / Blood Sugar – Put the “badass” back in breakfast. Eat every few hours, and get well rounded meals containing a protein, carb, fat, fruit, and veggie.
Love these types of health and nutrition guides? My ebook (The Badass Nutrition Guide) is the ULTIMATE guide to your BEST you & has 125 pages of nutritional education, macro cheat sheets, information on how much to eat, tips on fat loss, deets on hormones, guides on cooking, macros, & SO much more!