On today’s episode of “Not All Heroes Wear Capes”- We gonna teach ya how to prep some dannnng good chicken. Friends don’t let friends eat sh*tty dry chicken, so here’s the skinny on how to be 10x more AWESOME in the kitchen and up the ante on your Sunday Meal Prep Sizzles
BBQ Crockpot Chicken:
1. You will need a crockpot or slower cooker. Nothing fancy needed (though I do need to get on the Instapot bandwagon)
2. Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar in the bottom of the cooker, 1-2 T of each should do the trick
3. Insert your organic chicken breasts (or chicken thighs, if you have room for more macros from fat in your diet)
4. Season generously with your favorite spices. I love Trader Joe’s BBQ Espresso Rub + Trader Joe’s Onion Salt*
5. Slowcook for 4-5 hours. Make sure to move your chickens after they’ve been cooking a little
6. Drain liquid
7. Pull apart and shred
8. Toss in your favorite BBQ sauce
9. Pat yourself on the back – you’re practicallyy Top Chef material
Additional Meal Prep Tips:
1. HomeGoods is a GOLD MINE for (dirt cheap) delicious spice blends. I try to bounce in every few weeks as their selection and availability is constantly changing. Flavor God is another solid choice.
2. Switch up your BBQ sauces! I tend to prefer sweeter varieties as I’m not huge on smokey flavors or spicy stuff. Occasionally I’ll pick up a peach mango or little more “exotic” flavor BBQ just to mix things up.
3. Don’t forget when logging your macros that raw chicken vs cooked chicken are two totally different animals
I would suggest using an entry for grilled chicken in MyFitnessPal (4 oz cooked = 22p)
if using a raw entry (which is what you’ll get if going off a meat package label), use 4/3 as a conversion (For ex: 4 oz cooked x4/3 = 5.3 raw = 34p)
Happy Sunday Sizzling!
Love these types of food and nutrition guides? My ebook (The Badass Nutrition Guide) is the ULTIMATE guide to your BEST you & has 125 pages of nutritional education, macro cheat sheets, information on how much to eat, tips on fat loss, deets on hormones, guides on cooking, macros, & SO much more!