Pre Workout & Post Workout Nutrition
If you’ve ever worked out on an empty stomach (or when you just haven’t eaten enough), you KNOW the gym can feel like a swift kick to the dick and then you’re all aboard the struggle bus. I’d rather you NOT feel like hot garbage during workouts, so save this infographic!
The big goal here is to be well-fueled, feel amazing during your workouts, and eat in a way that supports recovery and getting the most from your training session.
1-2 Hours Before Workout:
- Lots of protein and carbs
- minimize fats or fiber (so you skip any digestive woes)
- Meal Examples: chicken + rice, egg whites + oats, lean beef + pasta, ground turkey + potatoes
- anything that’s high in carbs
- make sure it’s easy to eat & quick digesting
- Food Examples: rice cakes, banana, cereal, fruit squeeze packs, shake
- Lots of protein, carbs, and calories
- smash a protein shake/bar if it’ll be a hot min before you can eat
- Meal Example: chicken thighs, sweet potato, avocado, veggie of choice, fruit of choice
Training Super Early In the Morning?
- Smash a BIG protein/carb heavy meal the night before
- If you’re able to eat: protein and carbs!
- could also sip on a protein shake during
- totally ok to be fasted, if that works for you too
As always, let nutrition be easy and don’t over-complicate it. Test it out, try different things, and figure out what works for YOU in terms of timing, types of foods, and when you eat them!
Need Food Ideas?
Good thing I’m the queen of macro cheat sheets (:
Where To Go From Here
You can always check out my e-book, The Ultimate Guide to Nutrition, Muscle Gain, & Fat Loss if you want to get more details about supporting your nutrition and fitness goals (:
And we’re always posting workout and nutrition tips on our Paragon Training Methods Instagram page. Follow along for free workouts and more tips to help you look and feel your best!