Why You Should Take Creatine
Love lifting, strength training, and being active?
Creatine is one of the most studied sports supplements and if you love lifting and training, you’ll likely see benefits from taking it.
Studies support that it will likely help you gain muscle, may improve your strength/power output/exercise performance, and may support better recovery from your workouts. Better workouts, better performance, and more muscle? Sign us uppppp!
How Much Creatine To Take
Supplementing ~5 grams of creatine a day for those who work out and strength train is generally the guideline you’ll likely see when researching.
We definitely get some creatine from the foods we eat (such as meat and seafood). But realistically, you’d have to eat about 2lbs of beef or 3lbs of chicken to achieve that daily amount.
Research seems to kind of go back and forth on whether to take it before or after workouts. We’d recommend just supplementing it daily whenever you remember to and call it day. No need to cycle on/off it or worry about “front-loading” it.
Tips On Supplementing
- No need to “load it” or cycle on/off it
- Guidelines generally suggest ~3-5 grams per day
- Doesn’t super matter WHEN you take it, just that you consistently take it (training or not)
- Don’t spend $$ on fancy formulas. Just buy whatever creatine monohydrate is rated best on Amazon!
- You might retain more water while supplementing with creatine, but it’ll likely become unnoticeable over time.
- No current research indicates that creatine supplementation might be connected with hair loss, so no stress there // that’s a popular myth.
- Don’t forget to drink a ton of water during the day!
Where To Start
While creatine is a great supplement to add to your routine, it’s not going to be as effective if you’re not following a workout program that supports its benefits.
It can be a real jungle out there when it comes to finding a workout program that is fun, effective, and will actually help you achieve your goals.
The remote workouts, coaching, and online fitness community at Paragon Training Methods are evidence-based and will help you get strong, enhance your physique, and look/feel great in just 30-90 minutes per day. You don’t have to spend hours and hours endlessly working out each day to accomplish your goals and to look/feel great. We’d love to show you how!